Sunday, April 1, 2012

Day 7

Breakfast: Sausage and sweet potato hash with 1 egg cooked in coconut oil. Great fuel for my spinning class which kicked my butt in the best way possible!

Lunch: Leftover grilled chicken, zucchini noodles, and leftover broccoli sauteed in coconut oil and sunshine sauce. Also had an orange and herbal grapefruit tea.

Snack: Carrots, coconut butter, 1 dried fig. This was before a birthday party we went to where there were sandwiches, cake, gluten free cupcakes and lots of booze. I abstained!!!

Dinner: I was hungry when we got home. I made the paleo pizza from the Every Day Paleo cookbook. Now, I know I'm not supposed to "paleofy" recipes but it sounded delicious and I felt like I earned it after FROSTING GF CUPCAKES AND NOT TASTING THE FROSTING!!! :) The base of the pizza is almond flour, olive oil and eggs. You bake that for 20 minutes at 350. Then you top with stirfried sausage, veggies, red peppers and olives, and cook for another 30 minutes. This was really heavy but delicious - 2 pieces filled me right up. I also had some pineapple, mango, and blueberry to end the night.

So there goes Week 1 of the Whole30! Can't believe it. I knew the weekend would be tough, but it was actually better than I thought it would be. Overall, I felt really good the first week. I did have a lingering headache Fri/Sat but I'm not sure if it was due to a) allergies, b) too tight headband, c) too many fruits.

Now that I've got a week under my belt, I'd like to challenge myself this upcoming week. I want to really listen to my body and not just eat because I feel like I deserve it. Like last night, I really was full but still wanted fruit, just because. So I am going to try to experiment with either cutting out the midafternoon snack or fruit with dinner. So either or is fine, but not both (unless I am truly hungry in which case, I will eat vegetables).

I also have to note that Melissa Joulwan's cookbook has given me so many good ideas for recipes. She is a true rockstar. She cooks with lots of flavor which I find sometimes paleo recipes lack.

No comments:

Post a Comment